Here is a list of the common injuries and conditions we treat. We are adding content for each injury over time and you can see our blog page for information on how we treat other conditions. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions, prior to booking your assessment.
- Running – Biomechanical faults and Pain
- Achilles Strains and Ruptures
- Ankle Sprain rehabilitation
- Plantar Fasciitis and Foot Strengthening
- Hip Pain
- Lower Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Nerves Injuries – Sciatica
- Nerve Injuries – Pinched Nerves
- Shoulder – instability- dislocation
- Shoulder – Rotator Cuff Tears
- Elbow -Tennis Elbow
- Thumb – De-Quervains
At Pilates4Physio in Toronto, we use a combination of physiotherapy and pilates to treat a variety of shoulder injuries.
Visit our shoulder physiotherapy services page to learn how we assess and treat hip pain.
Here are some of the common injuries we treat:
- Rotator Cuff Strains and Tears
- Shoulder Tendinopathies
- Nerve Injuries at the Shoulder
- Neck Injures with Referral to the Shoulder
- Shoulder Fractures and Dislocations
- Unstable Shoulder
- Frozen Shoulder and Capsulitis
Categories of Shoulder Injuries
A lot of common shoulder injuries can be classified into three categories. This makes it easier for the patient to understand their diagnosis. It also helps direct the treatment, based on the underlying cause. These categories are as follows:
- Weak and unstable shoulder (examples: dislocations and traumatic injuries)
- Weak and painful shoulder (examples: rotator cuff strain and tendinopathies)
- Weak and Stiff shoulder (examples: frozen and capsulitis of the shoulder)
For more information, read our blog explaining why we categorize some shoulder injuries this way.
Causes of Shoulder Pain
Shoulder pain can come from different joints, nerves, and muscles. Your physiotherapist will be able to assess where your pain is coming from. Patient medical history and the manual clinical tests help us to diagnose your problem and find the root cause.
Explore our physiotherapy services for shoulder pain for more information, where we describe in more detail how we treat common shoulder injuries. Otherwise, feel free to call or send us a message, or view the fees for our services.