Pilates4Physio is a unique physiotherapy clinic where we guide patients through their rehabilitation using the classic Pilates equipment. We find patients do better with one-on-one supervised rehabilitation, until they are out of pain and can self manage with a home program. Sessions are either 45 or 60 minutes depending on pain levels and number of conditions or injuries.
We use evidence-based rehabilitation protocols for all injuries/conditions. Each individual responds to treatment differently so our research has to be adapted for each patient. Current research for most injuries/conditions points to therapeutic exercise for short and long-term results. As each person and injury is unique, the approach has to be tailored for each individual.
We also combine the following treatments with Pilates exercise rehabilitation:
Manual Therapy – Soft Tissue and Joint Mobilizations
We combine manual therapy and sports massage techniques with Pilates rehabilitation to restore pain-free movement in the joints and soft tissues. We apply these techniques to both spinal and peripheral joints. Manual therapy consists of gentle joint mobilizations to treat pain or restore movement. It is an effective treatment where pain levels are higher or for restoring joint mobility.
Sports Injury Management
At Pilates4Physio, we have years of experience working with sports injuries. We keep up to date on the latest rehabilitation research for sports injuries. We also love treating the weekend warriors and getting you back to what you do.
Athletic and Kinesio Taping
Taping can be an effective pain management technique. It can help to off-load a painful joint or muscle and allow you to start moving again. Taping is a great acute management tool for many conditions and injuries.
Acute and Chronic Pain Management
We treat both short-term acute pain and persistent chronic conditions. Both require a different approach. Read more about how we manage and rehabilitate acute and chronic pain.
- Nerve Injuries – Pinched Nerves
- Shoulder – instability- dislocation
- Shoulder – Rotator Cuff Tears
- Elbow -Tennis Elbow
- Thumb – De-Quervains
Here are some examples of the services we provide combining Physiotherapy with Pilates rehabilitation.
- Shoulder PhysiotherapyIn your assessment, we determine what type of shoulder injury or condition you have. We combine manual therapy with therapeutic exercise and strengthening.
- Knee PhysiotherapyKnee injuries can vary from pain under the knee cap to more acute sprains and strains. We treat a variety of knee conditions. We look at the biomechanics at the hip, knee and foot to see what is causing the problem.
- Lower Back Pain PhysiotherapyWe treat acute and chronic lower back pain. The current research does not support passive treatment beyond managing the acute pain stage. Normal movement can be restored in most types of lower back pain.
- Neck Pain PhysiotherapyNeck pain can be acute and chronic. Manual therapy to the joints and muscles can be effective with pain reduction. Postural exercises help to off-load painful muscles in the shoulders and neck.
- Physiotherapy for PregnancyWe provide exercise programs for pre- and post-pregnancy. In most situations, moderate strengthening and aerobic exercise are safe in pregnancy. Your GP or specialist will let you know when it is safe to start an exercise program.
- Physiotherapy for SciaticaSciatica is a specific type of lower back pain. Irritation of a nerve root causes pain, numbness and tingling into the leg. With typical sciatica, these symptoms are felt below the knee and into the foot.
Fees and Insurance
Physiotherapy assessment 60 mins $150
60 min physiotherapy/pilates treatment $150
45 min physiotherapy/pilates treatment $120
30 min physiotherapy/pilates treatment $95
Our late cancellation policy is 24 hours notice, with the full session fee charged.
We are offering the following treatment packages to reduce the per-session fee for a treatment:
If you buy a package of 5 sessions you save $12 on the regular treatment fee. This applies to both one hour and 45 min sessions.
45 minute sessions are $108 when purchased as a package. The package costs $540, saving $60 on 5 treatments.
60 minute sessions are $138 when purchased as a package. The package costs $690, saving $60 on 5 treatments.
Insurance invoices are provided for individual session fees, on the date of treatment.